Saturday 19 April 2014

Another lovely day...

The weather has been beautiful again today, and that always lifts my mood.  Add to that the fact that yesterday not only did I help my mum choose an outfit for my niece B's wedding, but I got one for myself!  I love it - it's 50s style with a very bright print and makes me feel like a girl!  We had the assistance of a very lovely Personal Shopper, and I'd recommend the use of one of these if you have an occasion to shop for or a difficult customer to please (in this case, my mum - I'm fairly easily sorted!).  Actually, mum loved most of the suggestions and very quickly chose an outfit that she is clearly happy with.  Halos polished all round.

This morning I helped the daughter with some revision for her A levels.  It was much lower stress  than usual due to a new approach I concocted - using the mark scheme instead of the exam papers. She works out the question that would result in the answer then jots down the key words and phrases for each topic which the examiner is looking for.  It's worth a try! We then has bacon (and egg for me) sandwiches and I made my treat coffee - Monsoon Malabar.  It's beautifully strong and aromatic, and I've decided I'm always going to have some in. Why should it be a treat only?

THis afternoon, I polished my halo again by taking dad to do his food shop, and also completed mine.  We (daughter and I) have decided we need a healthy living regime, so I bought lots of lovely fruit and veg plus healthy stuff for snacks.  I fear this could be undermined by the amount of Easter eggs she brought back from her dad's, but there you go...

I have spent the rest of the afternoon messing about on the internet as the daughter has gone out for a friend's 18th.  I plan to watch some telly (perhaps Game of Thrones on catch up) and have an early night.  I know how to party, I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment