Thursday 8 August 2013

Amazing India

India continues to amaze - the colours, sounds and indeed smells are extreme. We have been to a huge variety of places and seen some incredible things.

Often on holiday I have a day when I have a melt down as things can get a bit much for me sometimes (I go on adventure holidays, not a week by the pool). This time I have not done so, which is a happy thing in itself. 

A selection of happy things - beautiful, bright saris in the fields, cows wandering randomly about on the road (3 out of 4 lanes on a main road in one instance) being avoided by drivers because of their sacred status, having to wait at an intersection for an elephant to lumber past, children excited to have their photo taken so they can see it in the camera screen... 

Two more full days left - now that is a sad thought, so I'll leave it at that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment